We are currently focused on three key areas.
- Bring in validated clinical trials and treatments as gene therapy, artificial retina (or the bionic eye), stem-cell treatment, etc. from around the world to benefit Indian patients.
- Induce, coordinate and sponsor research & innovation in India through a dedicated Corpus Fund to focus on finding treatments and cures by Indian doctors & physicians for Indian diseases
- “The Registry Project” – building databases of patient information, which will, among other important benefits, help match a patient to the right treatment
- Perform clinical & epidemiological studies within India
- Building an alliance of patients and their families, along with retina specialists, optometrists, low vision and mobility experts, to work together towards resolution of issues faced by those affected by retinal diseases.
- Inform patients and their families about the current on-going research in India and around the world, through a dedicated website, newsletters, helpline, etc.
- Helping people with education and jobs by partnering with other organizations already working in the field.
- Counseling those who need help, on issues such as education, employment, marriage, rehabilitation, independence and mobility training, such that they pursue and live a more productive life
- Focus on advocacy to help raise the concerns of people with retinal ailments specifically and those with visual impairment in general.